Every day after school my oldest son comes home thirsty and hungry. I have to make sure to have something ready for him when he gets home. Especially because dinner isn't ready until later on in the evening. It is our tradition to have an afternoon snack break a.k.a. "merienda". A "merienda" is a simple meal between lunch and dinner that often consists of fruit, cookies, yogurts, cheese, and paired with beverages such as juice, chocolate, etc.
When I was little I would partake in this tradition with my family.
My greatest memory is my mom making me Nestle's Abuelita Hot Chocolate during our "merienda". I would beg her to make me Nestle's Abuelita Hot Chocolate with a piece of mexican "pan" bread. I loved dipping my bread into my special drink.
As my boys get older my goal is to share my fondest memories with them. I want them to take part in a tradition that reminds them of our time together.
They agree! Most kids won't refuse any meal or drink that has the word "chocolate" in it! Especially Nestle's Abuelita Hot Chocolate. The hot chocolate is rich in flavor and very delicious.
Most importantly, they LOVE it! They always have.
Kid tested. Mother approved. (I'm so cheesy). I love sharing my traditions with my friends and family. Here's your chance! Nestlé Abuelita is providing one of my readers a chance to revive your daily merienda or help you start your own merienda tradition by providing you with samples of Nestle Abuelita Hot Chocolate and a gift pack to get you started.
This gift pack which values at $50 will include:
- Nestlé Abuelita Instant and Nestlé Abuelita Granulado product (one of each to try!)
- Two coffee/hot chocolate mugs and saucers (to share a merienda with a friend or family member)
- One hot chocolate spoon (for the perfect mix!)
- A set of recipe cards to provide some ideas for enjoying your Nestlé Abuelita products during your merienda – or get creative and share your own recipe!
- Nestle note cards – in case you want to invite a friend to join you for a special merienda
- Disposable digital camera – to capture your merienda moments
Please enter this giveaway using Rafflecopter. a Rafflecopter giveaway
Do you currently partake in a daily afternoon snack break or “merienda”? What does your merienda look like?
Disclosure: I was not paid for this post. I was given Nestle Abuelita products for my personal review. This post is my honest and personal opinion. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”